Not a Mango Industry Member? Go to Mango.org for:
New Category Development/Ad Tracking Report Provides Quarterly Snapshot of Retail Results
The Category Development/Ad Tracking Report is a brand new quarterly report which provides a snapshot of what is happening at retail in terms of mango sales, mango volume and number of mango ads. The following are results for Quarter 1, 2012:
- For the total United States, mango volume per store per week was down 24.6% and mango dollars per store per week was down 11.4% from the previous year.
- In mango volume per store per week, the East North Central Sub-Region saw the largest decline (-40.3%), followed by the Mountain Sub-Region (-36.6%).
- In mango volume per store per week, the East South Central Sub-Region had the best results compared to Quarter 1, 2011 with a 20% increase.
- The trend for the number of mango ads at retail was down 25% in Quarter 1, 2012, compared to Quarter 1, 2011.
- All of these trends reflect a 25% drop in mango import volume in Quarter 1, 2012 compared to Quarter 1, 2011. As volume drops and prices increase, the number of ads drops and the volume of mangos sold through at retail also decreased.