Caption This Contest – Official Rules
National Mango Board Caption Contest 2018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER: The National Mango Board Caption Contest (the "Contest") starts April 4, 2018 at 10:00:01AM Eastern Time ("ET") and ends at 11:59:59PM (ET) on December 26, 2018 ("Entry Period"). There are three (3) ways to enter the Contest.
Enter through Facebook - You must have a Facebook account and internet access to enter the Contest through Facebook. You can sign up for a Facebook account for free at www.facebook.com. To enter the Contest through Facebook, sign in to your Facebook account and visit the National Mango Board Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mangoboard . Make a comment on the post containing "Caption This”.
Enter through Twitter - You must have a Twitter account and internet access to enter the Contest through Twitter. You can sign up for a Twitter account for free at www.twitter.com. To enter the Contest through Twitter, sign in to your Twitter account and visit the National Mango Board Twitter page at https://twitter.com/mango_board . Make a comment on the tweet containing "Caption This”.
Enter through Instagram – You must have an Instagram account and internet access to enter the Contest through Instagram. You can sign up for an Instagram account for free at www.instagram.com. To enter the Contest through Instagram, sign in to your Instagram account and visit the National Mango Board Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/mangoboard/ . Make a comment on the picture containing "Caption This”.
Limit one (1) entry per person per post/tweet/picture per instance.
- ELIGIBILITY:The Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States ages 18 years and over as of the date of entry, unless prohibited in the state. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of The National Mango Board ("Sponsor"), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- SELECTION OF WINNER:Sponsor shall select the best Caption from among the eligible entries received during that Entry Period. Sponsor may take fan feedback into account in selecting the winning Caption, but shall select the winning Caption in its sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor will announce the winning Caption on the National Mango Board Facebook page, National Mango Board Twitter page, and National Mango Board Instagram page and shall notify the person who submitted the winning Caption ("Winners") by direct message. In the event that the winning Caption, or a nearly identical Caption as determined by Sponsor, was submitted by multiple entrants, the entrant who submitted the Caption first shall be the Winner.
For the name of the Winners, available after each post/tweet/picture refer back to the original picture containing "Caption This".
- PRIZES:Twenty-two (22) Prizes: $25 American Express®Gift Card (terms and conditions apply). ("Prize"). Total Retail Value of all Prizes: $550.00. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winners name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- ODDS:Odds of winning prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. All prizes claimed will be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMERS:BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO FOREVER WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, THE NATIONAL MANGO BOARD AS WELL AS EACH RESPECTIVE PARTIES OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND INSURERS (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASED PARTIES") FOR AND FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEBTS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, OBLIGATIONS, COSTS, FEES, EXPENSES, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, OF EVERY NATURE, CHARACTER AND DESCRIPTION (COLLECTIVE, "CLAIMS"), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL THOSE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CONTEST; THESE OFFICIAL RULES; ENTRANT'S ENTRY; THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE; AND ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. IN ADDITION, EACH ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) INCOMPLETE, LOST, LATE, MISDIRECTED OR ILLEGIBLE ENTRIES OR FOR FAILURE TO RECEIVE ENTRIES DUE TO ANY CAUSE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, HUMAN, TRANSMISSION, OR TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, FAILURES, OR MALFUNCTIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORIGINATING WITH SENDER OR OTHERWISE, THAT MAY LIMIT AN ENTRANT'S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST; OR (II) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO, LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, OR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES RELATED TO OR BASED ON THE ENTRANT'S RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, OR THE ENTRANT'S CLAIM THAT HE OR SHE HAS SOMEHOW BEEN DEFAMED OR PORTRAYED IN A FALSE LIGHT.)
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE OR SHE OWNS AND/OR HAS THE AUTHORITY TO RELEASE THE CLAIMS STATED HEREIN. FURTHER, BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY OR ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, ALL ENTRANTS AND PRIZE WINNERS EXPRESSLY AGREE TO AT ALL TIMES DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CONTEST; THESE OFFICIAL RULES; ENTRANT'S ENTRY; THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE; AND ANY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ENTRIES OR PRIZE NOTIFICATION EMAILS THAT ARE LOST, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, DELAYED BY COMPUTER TRANSMISSION OR DAMAGED.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE:By participating in the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Released Parties the right to use each such entrant's name, photograph, image, video, biographical information, and Caption in any and all media for any purpose, including, without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto, except where prohibited. By entering this Contest, each entrant grants Sponsor the right to utilize the entrant's contact information provided by entrant in their Facebook/Twitter/Instagram account to contact entrant for any reason via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email, and/or mail. Making a comment constitutes assent to these written terms.
- ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS:The Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for: any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, or postage-due mail; technical or mechanical malfunctions; or errors in these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials, whether caused by the Released Parties, the entrant, or any of the equipment associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest and which may limit a participant's ability to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrants who Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest.
Each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with its privacy policies (available at https://mango.org/Privacy-Policy/) and applicable law.
Sponsor reserves the right, at their own discretion and for any reason deemed by them to be sufficient, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest at any time. In such event, it is agreed that the Sponsor is liable for all commitments made prior to cancellation or modification.
- GOVERNING LAW:ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANTS, SPONSOR OR RELEASED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS.
- WINNERS: For a list of winners (available after January 4, 2019) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: National Mango Board Caption Contest, National Mango Board,3101 Maguire Boulevard, Suite 111, Orlando, FL 32803. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.mango.org/caption-contest. VT residents may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR:National Mango Board, 3101 Maguire Boulevard, Suite 111, Orlando, FL 32803.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. Do not direct any questions, comments, or complaints to Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram.